ISO AS A DATA QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) series programme provides standards for data documentation and audits as part of a quality management system. The following standards and guidelines published under the ISO series may supplement source category-specific QA/QC procedures for inventory development and provide practical guidance for ensuring data quality and a transparent reporting system.
- ISO 9004-1: General quality guidelines to implement a quality system.
- ISO 9004-4: Guidelines for implementing continuous quality improvement within the organisation, using tools and techniques based on data collection and analysis.
- ISO 10005: Guidance on how to prepare quality plans for the control of specific projects.
- ISO 10011-1: Guidelines for auditing a quality system.
- ISO 10011-2: Guidance on the qualification criteria for quality systems auditors.
- ISO 10011-3: Guidelines for managing quality system audit programmes.
- ISO 10012: Guidelines on calibration systems and statistical controls to ensure that measurements are made with the intended accuracy.
- ISO 10013: Guidelines for developing quality manuals to meet specific needs.