General Quality Control (QC) Procedures (Tier 1)
- The focus of general QC techniques is on the processing, handling, documenting, archiving and reporting procedures that are common to all the inventory source categories.
- Tier 1 General Inventory Level QC Procedures, lists the general QC checks that the inventory agency should use routinely throughout the preparation of the annual inventory.
- Most of the checks could be performed by cross-checks, recalculation, or through visual inspections.
- The results of these QC activities and procedures should be documented, Internal Documentation and Archiving, below.
- If checks are performed electronically, these systems should be periodically reviewed to ensure the integrity of the checking function.